Sometimes a quick post is better than a long analysis.
Let’s look today at the positive traits of our leaders of the future. These are my essentials.
- Become familiar with the specific skills of her employees while recognizing the diversity of her team mind-sets. Do not just follow her favorite state of mind.
- Show respect for the experience, the story and even the difficult situations experienced by a colleague.
- Prove her confidence, is mindful of her emotions, feelings, sensations.
- Divide responsibilities and encourage initiatives.
- Take initiatives only when needed.
- Stay focused and follow the strategy.
- Recall the goals of the organization on a regular basis and emphasize strategic alignment.
- Know when to step back and reflect. Do not hold the space.
- Encourage hard work.
- Know when to change strategies, and encourage innovation.
- Check, double-check, triple-check that instructions are clear.
- Appear vulnerable (i.e. an ability to take risks, to recognize failure, show courage and be shame resilient).
- Master cross-collaboration. Promote her team’s value. Encourage her team players to join projects beyond traditional boundaries.